The monastery tour
Open sea, archipelago, culture and history
FULL DAY TOURS
- Transport to Rennesøy and back again
- All gear and equipment
- A nice barbeque meal
About the Utstein Monastery
Utstein Monastary is mentioned in historical records going back to the 9th century, when it was cited as King Harald Fairhair´s garrison after the Battle of Hafrsfjord where Norway was unified under one monarch.
Construction of the Monastary started in about 1260, although some parts may be older and may date from earlier royal farm on the site. The Church is unique in Norway with its tower situated centrally between chancel and nave.
The area around Fjøløy and the monastery Utstein monastery, offers many kayaking adventures, from open sea to idyllic archipelago.
Rogaland Active will take you on a tour you never forget, through nice canal, in open sea and in nice lakes.
The guide will meet you outside the touristinformation at 09.00. There will be transport to Rennesoy. Very close to the abbey, we will enter our kayaks. Wind and weather deceide our direction.
From the abbey, our guide will take you out in open sea, under low brigdes, along costal rocks.
After a couple hours in the kayaks, we will take a brake and visit the Fjoloy fortress. While you are waiting for a nice barbeque meal with cold drinks, you can take a walk at this lovely area, see cannos and a lovely lighthouse.
From the top of the fortress, you have full panorama view.
You need to bring:
- Outdoors clothes and shoes
- Camera and and a binocular if you have
- Sunglases and suncream
- This tour will require 3 participants, max 5
- Must be booked 5 days before
How to pay using Paypal
- Push the Buy know button
- Fill in total amount in the box "Price pr item". (If you should pay for several people, you have to summarize the number of participants and fill in the total amount)
- Press continue
- Scroll down to "Pay with debit or credit card"
- And the rest is up to you