The easter expedition 2017
Easter mini-expedition 2018
25th March- 01th April
A mini expedidition for everybody who likes mountainering.
Join us at this wonderful miniexpedition in Norwegian highland. This tours is 137 km long, but there will be between 30-35 km every day.
We start from the mountain hut Haukeliseter Sunday 25th March and end up in Sirdal after 8-9 days, probably Monday 01th April. We spend the nights in very simple mountain huts without electricity and water, back to basic. Wildlife is abundant and it may be we encouters some reindeer?
Not included: Food and accommodation at the mountain cabins, transport to, and accommodation at Haukeliseter, dinner Saturday evening, snacks, return from Sirdal when arriving the final destination.
Guides on this tour
Sherpa and promotor
Kine is graduate Outdoors and Nature Guide at the University of Agder. She has extensive experience in winter outdoor activities and has crossed Greenland on skis. Here she spent consecutive 28 nights in tents in the snow.
We meet at Haukeliseter Saturday March 24th. There are several options for accommodation in Haukeliseter. Participants must book their accommodation and dinner Saturday night.
- Day 1: Sunday 25th March: Haukeliseter- Holmavatn, 20 km. This is actually one of the longest legs of the entire trip. The terrain is however easy, and we should arrive at the lodge in good time before it gets dark.
- Day 2: Holmavatn- Bleskestadsmoen. Approximately 14 km på ski.
- Day 3: Bleskestadsmoen- Krossvatn. Approximately 13 km på ski.
- Day 4: Krossvatn via Vassdalstjørn to Hovatn. Approximately 15 km. On this leg it is possible to a summit if you have enough energy. Vi reach Skorpa who is 1288 obove sea level.
- Day 5: Hovatn- Storsteinen 16km
- Day 6: Storsteinen- Kringlevatn 13km
- Day 7: Kringlevatn- Storevatn- Taumevatn 14km
- Day 8: We finish this trip along Flatstøldalen to Ådneram. This leg is about 10km.
- Day 9: This is an extra day if stormy weather.