Kayaking close to the North Sea
Full day off shore kayaking at Kvitsøy islands
Group of 3: 5.300,- nok
Group of 5: 8.500,- nok
Group of 10: 16 000,- nok
- Duration: Full day
- Level: All levels
- Requirement: 3 participants
Join us for a full day kayaking adventure at Kvitsøy islands.
Kvitsøy is an island municipality in Rogaland county, Norway which is located far out in the fjord between Haugesund and Stavanger. At only 6.29-square-kilometer (2.43 sq mi), it is the smallest municipality in Norway by area. Kvitsøy is located in the traditional district of Ryfylke.
The main exhibition tells you the story of the lobster, fishing lobsters and trading them. Kvitsøy has long been known as a center for lobster fishing, but local fishermen also fish for herring, sardine and shrimp. The sea has always been of fundamental importance for the settlement on Kvitsøy.
A full day kayak at Kvitsøy include many adventures:
- I nice boat trip in the North Sea
- Kayaking around some of the islands 365 small islands
- A tower visit
- A short hiking tour in wild nature
About the tour
The guide will meet you outside Stavanger tourist information at 8 am. From here to the pier at Mekjarvik it is 20 minutes.
The ferry to Kvitsøy could be very heavy in poor weather. But you will have a great view to the North Sea and the islands around.
After arriving Kvitsøy we heading the white beach 10 minutes from the pier. The kayak- adventure begin.
This trip goes between islets and sheaves, you will have a taste of open water kayaking and have lunch close to the ocean.
- A nice open- fjord cruise
- 5 hours kayking and hiking at Kvitsøy
- Transport and guiding
- All gear and equipment (drysuit and neoprene shoes)
- All food (incl. a hot meal) and drinks
What to bring:
- Outdoors clothes (wind and waterproof)
- Hiking shoes
- A cap
- Camera, sunblock, sunglases.